Alcoholic Beverage Industry

Advising Beverage Manufacturers


Every state has wide latitude in regulating wine, beer, and liquor sales, and on top of that, the federal government enforces a complex system of taxation, labeling, and bottling regulations, especially on beverage producers. We can help guide you through these complex requirements.

Starting or Expanding a Distillery, Brewery, or Winery


We assist alcoholic beverage manufacturers all over the country get the permits and intellectual property they need to open new facilities or expand existing operations. Specifically, we can assist in applying for Brewers’ Notices, Distilled Spirits Plant Permits, and Winery Permits with the U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB). We have never failed to obtain a necessary permit from the TTB for our clients. After our clients are up and running, we assist with obtaining the certificate of label approval (COLA) for each new alcoholic beverage product. For all clients at every stage of development, Mooney Wieland’s attorneys can also help obtain the registered trademarks and other intellectual property they need to protect their brands in this competitive industry.

State Level Licensure


With our extensive experience in Idaho and American Samoa, we can also help obtain and defend government-issued permits for manufacturers and retailers. Our alcoholic beverage lawyers will vigorously work to ensure you stay open when there are regulatory hurdles in the way.

Contact us to consult with an attorney.